Friday, April 3, 2009

C...Confetti Cakes




Talk about talent...Elisa Strauss is a very talented cake designer. (What can I say talented people are from New York...lol) I own one of her books, the first one, Confetti Cakes. I love it. It is not baking technical jargon, its fun chic baking.


It is easy to follow and has a lot of fun sculptured cakes. Its a must have for all baking gurus,chic bakers or cake divas. This unique book contains projects for every skill level, from gorgeous, sugar-dusted heart cookies to delightful billiard-ball cupcakes, to sculpted cakes in the shape of wine bottles. It also has Chinese takeout boxes, sushi plates, and even the extravagantly beautiful, three-tiered embroidery cake showcased on Sex and the City. It also has fun baseball cap cakes and popcorn mini cakes...how much fun!

Confetti Cakes is a must-have for the outrageously chic baker in all of us. I am headed to get her next book and I think she is looking into DVDs. That would be fun! I am looking forward to taking one of her classes when I go to New York again. That would be awesome.

My favorite cake in this book is the Sugar Stiletto and Shoebox. It looks so much fun to make! check it out!


Copyright 2007,Confetti Cakes Ltd.Pic is copyright of uppercrustcakes.com